If I had to describe my skin type, it would without a doubt be dry and dehydrated. Even on the hottest of days, my skin always lies on the side of being super dehydrated, so I’m always on the hunt for products to help prevent things getting any worse – especially through these colder months. I’ve tried many many products, some which haven’t worked for me and others that have really helped that I introduce into my skincare routine when my skin needs the extra help, so I thought I’d share those.
- Indeed Squalane Oil – When my skin is feeling extra dry and sensitive, it often becomes reactive to every single product I use (seriously, even water hurts sometimes) so I normally have to strip my skincare routine to the absolute basics. One product which I always reach for is this Indeed Squalane Oil, as it does wonders to help repair my skin barrier. It’s a very lightweight oil that sinks into my skin quickly, doesn’t at all feel greasy, and I notice such a difference in a minimal time.
- Mario Badescu Rosewater – If there’s one skincare product that isn’t really a necessity as such but I love it all the same, it’s definitely a facial mist. With my skin feeling quite dehydrated, I find that it can end up tight and uncomfortable throughout the day – so a facial mist is a great option when I’m needing something that doesn’t unsettle my makeup but leaves my skin feeling refreshed. It’s one of those products that I’ll happily buy time and time again.
- Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex ll – Having heard so much hype around this serum, it had been on my wishlist for a while by time I managed to get my hands on my own bottle. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it’s good. Really really good. I don’t use it every evening (as it’s pricey and my budget won’t stretch to repurchase) but more as an every other night treatment, and I always always always notice a difference in my skin texture the next day. It delivers a much needed hyaluronic boost to my skin, as well as providing anti-oxidants to help protect my face from any daily wear and tear, which in turn leaves my skin looking plumper, brighter and all round healthier.
- Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate – However, if the serum alone isn’t quite enough, I’ll back it up with this product too for that extra help. Like the Advanced Night Repair, I find this product gives my skin a much needed hydration boost, whilst also calming down my skin when it’s feeling red and particularly irritated. I know that when I apply one pump of this in the evening (seriously, a little goes a long way), my skin will look more balanced out by the next morning without fail. A luxurious treat.
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme – I’ve never been one for eye creams (I know I know), purely out of laziness, but having read many rave reviews about this, I decided to give it a go. I’m always drawn to products that claim to brighten the under-eye area (#blessedwithdarkcircles) but find many don’t do that much, that is, until I started using this. While it certainly isn’t a miracle worker, it just does something that leaves me looking a little more awake – even after a restless nights sleep. I do sometimes find it a tad heavy, so I have to be careful how much I apply (as I’ve occasionally applied a little much and it’s just sat on the skin and caused some slight irritation) but on a whole, it’s the first eye cream I’ve been loyal to.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – A cult classic, this mask is a must-have for anyone who also suffers from dry or dehydrated skin. I apply a generous amount of this to my skin a couple of nights a week before I go to sleep, and it leaves my face looking noticeably plumper and smoother after each use. I trust that it never irritates my skin (no matter how sensitive it’s feeling at the time), and have found the tube lasts a fairly long time. Plus, it seems bloooooody incredible, so whats not to like?
What are your dry/dehydrated skin must-haves? I’m always looking for new products to give a go!