When it comes to makeup, I always find it can make a huge difference to how products perform when it comes to the tools you use – specifically the makeup brushes. Now I certainly don’t have the biggest collection of all time, but I’ve tried many and there’s a few which I find myself using day in and day out. I rarely have the budget to really go all out when it comes to makeup brushes however I don’t necessarily expensive means good quality (as some of my most expensive ones are my least used!). When it comes to my ‘essential’ brushes, I’d definitely say there’s 5 which I use all of the time – so here are my favourites!
(From Top To Bottom)
– So Eco Multi-Tasking Brush c/o Makeupbrushes – When it comes to applying foundation, I’ve tried them all. From the flat foundation brushes to the buffing brushes, I definitely have to say this is the favourite of them all so far. A brand I hadn’t really heard much about before, I wasn’t sure what to expect but it’s a really great brush I’d recommend. It’s incredibly soft and dense which makes it applying a flawless brush a total breeze. I’m yet to try it out with anything but foundation, however I think it’ll work great with liquid bronzers too.
– Zoeva Blush Brush – After hearing many great things said about Zoeva brushes I knew I had to give them a go so I picked up the rose gold set and this blush brush has to be one of the stand out brushes for me. I’ve never been much of a blush girl (in fact, I still only own about 4 hahaha) however I love the finish that this brush gives. It allows me to dust a wash of colour over my cheeks without it looking over the top, and it blends out my cream blush wonderfully too.
– Real Techniques Contour Brush – Part of the Core Brush Collection, when makeup was still relatively new to me and I’d just started reading beauty blogs, these was the first thing I picked up. A total novice when it came to applying makeup, I still use a lot of their brushes on a day to day basis but this has to be one of my favourites to this day. Although I don’t use it for contour (if anyone knows any good contour products for someone super pale then gimme a shout!) I love using this for my highlighter. It evenly disperses a light dusting which is perfect when it comes to daytime highlighter as it saves me looking like a disco ball.
– Zoeva Soft Definer Brush – Another brush from the Zoeva rose gold set is the soft definer brush. I’d definitely compare with the infamous MAC 217 Brush that everyone raves about, it does exactly what it says – softly defines. When it comes to eyeshadow, it’s part of my daily routine to wear a crease colour to add some subtle definition around my eyes but it can be all too easily to apply things a little heavy. However, I often use this brush to blend everything out and I always love the results.
– Barry M Eyeliner Brush – Despite it’s name, I actually use this brush for my eyebrows each and every day. I’m still learning when it comes to brows, however paired with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe (that I use as a pomade) I find this the best brush I’ve tried for filling in my rather sparse brows. Although I’m yet to try any more of the Barry M brushes, their whole range is super affordable and if this brush is anything to go by, they’re well worth a shot.
So what are your favourite makeup brushes? I’m always after recommendations of ones to try!