As someone who is on a pretty tight budget about 99% of the time, when it comes to makeup, I’m a drugstore gal through and through. Don’t get me wrong, I do love my high-end but I’m always wanting to try new products and drugstore prices allow me to do that. Of course not all products are brilliant and turn out a bit of a waste of money, however, there’s plenty that I’ve found so I thought I’d start to share them with you!
– W7 In The Nude Palette c/o Just My Look – A brand I’ve been a little hesitant to try is W7 Cosmetics as I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I have to say, I’ve used this palette every day for the past 3 weeks now and I couldn’t get enough of it. Whilst I do need to apply a little product than I probably would do normally, I find the shadows blend wonderfully and last all day which I find doesn’t happen with a lot of the other eyeshadows that I own. I have a thing for pink eyeshadows now, but I’m not sure I could bring myself to spend much money on them as I think they’re a seasonal thing so this is the perfect palette for Spring time with a mixture of shimmers, satins and mattes. I’d definitely recommend giving it a go if you’re looking to play around with some new shades but you don’t want to splash out.
– L’Oreal SuperLiner Liquid Eyeliner – Although I’m not too sure I even suit liquid eyeliner, I do like wearing it a few days a week and this eyeliner has become my go-to. I prefer a more pen-like applicator because I’m a bit rubbish when it comes to applying it, however, this one has a slim nib which makes it simple to use and I know I can get myself a perfect flick in a super quick time. I do find it can smudge after a few hours wear but I have super watery eyes (yay hayfever) so I just keep it on hand for any fixing if necessary but it’s easily one of the best I’ve tried. Plus it’s cheap too, which is always a good thing.
– No7 Velvet Lash Mascara – If you haven’t tried this mascara, then go, go immediately. Because this mascara is da bomb. When it comes to mascara, admittedly I tend to just buy whatever’s on offer. I often struggle with mascaras falling down my face through the day (and I can tell you it ain’t a pretty look) but even on the rainiest of days, this stuff hasn’t budgeted. I tend to go for pretty dramatic-looking lashes on a daily basis and I love how this mascara can be layered up without going super clumpy or anything. I’m not a huge fan of the packaging, but the product seriously makes up for it. I’ve not heard much said about it but I really don’t see myself trying anything any time soon, I just wish they’d bring out a waterproof formula pronto.
– NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm – If you’d told me 18 months ago that I would be wearing a nude lip on a day to day basis, I certainly wouldn’t believe you – but what can I say, this product totally changed that. It’s a beige/pink shade that is perfect for day wear and goes lovely on top of many of my lipliners if I’m wanting a matte lip. The formula itself is good, it’s highly pigmented and does last, but it can be a little drying and I often find it difficult to top up (as it can lead to cracked lips) however it’s probably my most used lip product – so that’s saying something, right?
– NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra – My friend picked this up for me last year in the states when NYX products weren’t easily available in the UK like they are now (yay Boots!) so based on photographs of swatches I’d seen, I wasn’t quite sure what it would be like in person. However, I completely love it. It’s a shade unlike any others I’ve seen, I’d describe it as a terracotta, somewhere in-between red, pink, coral, orange and brown all at the same time (good description there Amy). I find it really helps complement my pale complexion and the formula itself is a joy to wear. It can be a tad drying down to the nature of it being a matte finish, but there’s nothing a little lip balm beforehand doesn’t solve and I know that the colour itself won’t budge throughout the day. I’ll definitely be trying out more of the colours in this range in the future!
So what are your drugstore makeup favourites? Any you think I should try?